These are the processes of editing my music video. The first image shows the editing of the image for my advert. On the right is the original image and the left is the edited image. My aim was to add more colour and make the artist more defined which I think I have achieved. I used adjustments such as hue/saturation, contrast and brightness, curves and exposure to achieve this.
The image below shows how I edited the music video. I used the cut tool to cut the clips down and to get them to the correct point of the song. This tool was extremely useful as well in cutting out parts that I accidentally lost focus on or parts that the artist forgot the words to the song.
This image shows the ‘cross fade’ option during editing. I applied this after I had finished the final cut of the video and ensured that it was exactly how I wanted it to look. I applied this effect to one one of the clips at the end of the video to add more ‘depth’ to the video as it had more to it than just clips edited together. I feel as though adding this effect helped the transition between shots seem smooth which I liked. Looking back, I hope to add more of these to my video just to make it flow more and also look more interesting.
This final image in the bottom left corner shows the effect ‘warp stabiliser’. I applied this effect to a variety of my shots, especially the ones taken in the woods as I didn’t have a tripod with me to help keep the camera steady and so warp stabiliser helps to make the shots look still by slightly zooming in on them. This effect worked for some shots and some were too shaky so I didn’t like how they turned out when I had the effect on.
This is my advert draft. I think it it very simplistic from the limited text and the picture of the artist, the way he is facing creates some sort of mystery to the audience as we can’t tell what he looks like. I like the editing of the picture that I did, I think it gives the advert a soft look, also the blurring of the background emphasises the focus on the actor. When taking this picture, I positioned the camera with the twigs from the trees slightly inside the shot to create the idea that it is a sort of picture frame around the actor.
To improve this advert, I think it would look good if there was more text, however in a thin, smaller font so that the advert doesn’t end up looking too crowded as I like its simplicity at this point in time. I would add reviews of the video to make it look more realistic.
The images below are the image manipulation I have completed. Using pictures I took on my fourth music video shoot, I chose my favourite ones that I wanted to appear on my digipak and advert. I used Photoshop to edit them and using different tools and editing processes I changed them to look how I want them to.
I think that the images turned out well and I will use them in my advert and digipak.